HORROR ACCIDENT Tot rushed to hospital for emergency surgery with POWER PLUG stuck in his head after he fell from his bed

A TODDLER had to be rushed to hospital after he fell out of bed and impaled his HEAD on a plug.

Sponsored Advertisement

The two-year-old toddler, named Xiao Tang, is said to have been playing on a bed with his uncle when he suddenly rolled off, suffering the horrific injury.
nintchdbpict000281074770-1

The boy from Guangzhou, capital of South China’s Guangdong Province, cried and was in a great deal of pain following the accident – but luckily he remained conscious as his parents rushed him to a local clinic.

Doctors at the clinic found the child’s case to be too complicated to treat, and they transferred Xiao Tang to hospital.

Sponsored Advertisement
nintchdbpict000281074763

Scans at the hospital showed the plug – which had two two-centimetre prongs – was buried deep in the boy’s skull and required emergency surgery.

Neurosurgeon Chang Huimin, who praised the boy’s parents for not trying to take the plug out, said one of the prongs had also damaged one of Xiao Tang’s blood vessels, which would have resulted in excessive bleeding.

nintchdbpict000281074767

During the operation that followed, the doctors cut into the toddler’s skull, around the plug impaled in his skull, and successfully removed the object before disinfecting the wound.

His skull was replaced and fixed in place, and the boy is now recovering after surgery.

Medics said they did not expect Xiao Tang to suffer any long-term effects from his ordeal.

 

Sponsored Advertisement
SEE ALSO:  Canadian Doctors Can Now Prescribe Heroin To Addicts